Dr. J.E.Lewis and Dr. Ben Rogers
What you will learn
Development of the MENQOL
Psychometric properties: validity and responsiveness
Translations with Linguistic Validation
Conditions of use & how to access the MENQOL
Key discussion points
- 4 Official MENQOL questionnaires include 3 derivatives works
- Questionnaires differ only in the RECALL PERIOD and 3 items in the PHYSICAL DOMAIN
- Ensure you use the most helpful, appropriate questionnaire in your research
- The items in the questionnaire reflect the priority negative perceptions identified by women about their early postmenopausal experiences
- The Importance Score method should be considered for Quality of Life instrument development.
- Construct Validation by domain, although significantly correlated with the MENQOL scores, used available instruments in the early 90’s that frequently had less rigorous development than the MENQOL.
- Good Domain consistency and Reproducibilty data exists from repeated data gathering and analysis over 3 separate trials for women aged 41-62 years who were 1-9 years post last menses