Please enjoy the archive of this webinar delivered on October 08, 2015.
The Neck Disability Index (NDI): An Author Webinar on State-of-the-Art
Thursday, October 8th, 2015 at
10:00 am EDT (New York, USA)
3:00 pm BST (London, UK)
4:00 pm CEST (Paris, FR)
Dr. Howard Vernon DC, PhD
Health Research Questionnaire Author of the Neck Disability Index (NDI)
Professor at Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The Neck Disability Index (NDI) was first published in 1991 as a modified version of the Oswestry Low Back Pain Disability Index. The first systematic review of its properties in relation to other similar instruments was published in 2001.
In 2008-09, two systematic reviews focusing exclusively on the NDI were published by Vernon and Macdermid et al.. These reviews reported on the psychometric properties of the NDI as well as findings related to construct validity, particularly in relation to a) prognosis of neck pain or whiplash associated disorders (WAD) and, b) responsiveness of the NDI as a clinical outcome measure.
The present paper presents an update of studies on the NDI from 2008 to 2015. This review consists of the following topics:
- Brief review of the psychometric properties reported in the literature
- Brief review of validated clinical indicators arising from specified NDI scores
- Review of the translation and cross-cultural validation studies from 2000-2015
- Review of recent studies on the prognosis of neck pain or WAD using the NDI
- Review of selected studies on characteristics of neck pain or WAD patients using the NDI as either a dependent or independent variable
- Review of the studies on the factor structure of the NDI
- Applying the NDI in clinical practice
Limited Seats Available.. Register for FREE now!
Click on the link below to be redirected to the registration form webpage:
Register to Attend Additional Author Webinars: